The Peacemaker is the mystical gun that has the ability to send demons back to Hell, it originally belonged to Wyatt Earp.
According to the Earp family mythology, the Peacemaker can only be wielded by the Earp heir, currently Wynonna. For unknown reasons, Wynonna was able to fire Peacemaker as a child resulting in her accidentally killing her father. It has been shown that two heirs can wield it interchangeably, as Willa grabbed the Peacemaker from Wynonna and fired it with no problems. When Agent Dolls attempted to fire the Peacemaker, nothing happened. However, Waverly once claimed that her research gave her no reason to believe she couldn't break the Earp Curse, which suggests it may be possible for her to use the Peacemaker.
After Willa shoots a revenant with Peacemaker, Wynonna realizes who she is. Two days after, Wynonna attempts to use Peacemaker to kill a revenant but it just "flickered and jammed". Later on, Willa attempts to kill Wynonna but the gun refuses to fire.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
The Peacemaker was once a regular gun, however under mysterious circumstances it was enchanted or blessed.
- Demon Killing/Portal Creation - If the heir shoots a Revenant between the eyes with the Peacemaker, a fiery portal will open up below the demon and pull it into hell. (Although when used against other demons the gun will just kill them.) Interestingly, Peacemaker cannot outright kill the Widows, merely wounding them. It has been shown that standard bullets cannot kill them but one bullet made from the Purgatory fair plate has been shown to kill them after Doc managed to split it with a bullet from his own gun.
- Demon Repulsion - If a Revenant tries to wield the Peacemaker it will burn their skin. After the Mictian transfers itself from Waverly to Wynonna, it happens to her as well.
- Curse Breaking - If the Heir passes the Peacemaker through the Ghost River Triangle, the curse will be broken and the Revenants will be freed to roam outside of Purgatory, however if the gun is brought back across the line, the barrier will go back up.
- Alarm Clock - In episode Whiskey Lullaby, after a demon puts all residents of Purgatory to sleep, Peacemaker emits a single orange spark along the barrel. This wakes up current Heir Wynonna.
- Blue Lights - Under mysterious circumstances, Peacemaker's barrel will glow blue instead of its usual yellow/orange. This is seen when Wynonna mercy kills Willa and when Waverly tries to shoot Rosita.
The Peacemaker is Colt Buntline Special, a six-chamber gun with a long barrel. The gun does not shoot straight, making it nearly impossible to use at long distances. On the inside of the barrel are various symbols which are probably responsible for its powers.