Ward Earp was a descendant of Wyatt Earp and the father of Willa, Wynonna and the legal father of Waverly Earp. He was married to Michelle who left him and the children around 1998. He was born on November 17, 1966 and died in May of 2000 during a raid from The Seven on the homestead where Wynonna accidentally shot him.
- If We Make It Through December (flashback)
- Waverly is not his biological daughter.
- His wife's name is listed in the episode Purgatory as Wendy Rossie, which could be found on the family tree on Waverly's bedroom wall but in I Hope You Dance, her name is confirmed as Michelle.
- It is inferred by Willa that he beat his wife, as she would take their daughters to the edge of town when she "couldn't take anymore of daddy's fists."
- He was the Heir from 1993 to 2000.